Sunday, September 11, 2011

D.I.Y. Tribal Inspired Necklace

'

OMG! To be honest I love each one of the necklaces shown above, but right now I don't picture my self paying $860 dollars for a necklace that probably won't be in style next season. That's why I decided to make one myself. I'm really proud of how it came out, and hope you can make one too.

Here's what you'll need:
Colorful Wooden Beads
A big round button ( you can use and old pin or a vintage earring) 


 A scrap of a colorful fabric 
 Glue gun
 Golden Buttons (I found this at my local thrift store for only $0.75)
 A piece of black fabric and a piece of felt

You'll also need a string to tide it.

Steps:
1.  Cut two pieces of felt into the desired shape (I used sort of a half moon) and glue them one on top of the other
2. Cut two pieces of the black fabric and glue them on each side of the felt.
3. Play around with your beads and buttons  and when you "like what you see" paste them in place.
4. Add the strings so you can tie the bib
5. (This step is optional) I added a "skirt" to the bib using the scrap from the colorful fabric (you can also use small pieces of ribbon in different colors) and pasted it.

Here's the finished product, I hope you'll like it!




XOXO-S-

No comments:

Post a Comment